Monday, December 22, 2008

Two Letters

#1

Dear Sir,

This is fun, but it's not good enough. You like me, but not enough. I like you, but it's getting exhausting to rise and fall with the hope at the end of the strings attached to your every word and motion. Enjoying the fantasy, all I could muster in self-defense was a warning, spoken either too softly to be heard or too softly to be regarded. Either way, my whispering "be careful with me" went unheeded. I will speak louder now. please leave me alone. You don't know what I'm worth. That is unfortunate for you. Pardon the drama but I just want to make myself clear. You are one of my favorite friends. This is my beckoning us back from the ledge where we've been measuring the gap between friends and "more than". I won't see us join the remains of other adventurers who grossly miscalculated the distance.

Love.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


#2

Dear sir,

I think about you all the time. After two years, I still think about you all the time. You play strange characters in my dreams. I've stopped trying to interpret. I wonder about you. I wonder what you think about certain things. I want your opinions and your advice. This letter has been forming in my mind for a long time now and in the end, I write it unfinished. There is no conclusion statement, no decision. Just words that need to fill space in the universe. A message in a bottle. When the ocean and the wind know just as well what is best for me, then I leave it up to them. So the words I send floating are that I miss you and I wish I still knew you. And as a daring last thought, I wonder if you think about me.

All my love.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hate Sir #1. all the Sir #1's.