Friday, December 19, 2008

I watched the video

I got the watch the video of my performance tuesday. I was glad to see that overall it did come off well. I feel good about it. Most of what I thought afterwards was true, there were some mistakes and I have a lot of work to do but it's definitely there. I can't wait to have the second piano and Mere singing and the whole show put together! I know I keep saying we've got some good ideas.. cause we do! Anyway, I just wanted to post a follow up to my post-show review. You know how sometimes watching yourself back on video is like "Seriously? that's what i look like? that's what i sound like? i do not!" haha, well it wasn't like that this time. I felt good about it. Ok, that's all about that.

I always feel like I don't have a lot of Christmas shopping to do til I actually start doing it and then I realise, crap, i've waited way to long. damnit. So I guess this weekend will be the scramble. I've never been a huge Christmas enthusiast. I mean, i like it, but I really just like all the time off work, the birthday parties (lots in december, including mine) and then the Christmas parties (like the one we're having tonight- The Ugly Sweater Christmas Kegger :) (my sweater is hideous) and all the family time. But the finacial stress, the last-minute shopping, all the bullshit of everyone suddenly super-religious and charitable, the consumerism, and all the sadness that is seemingly ampliphied this time of year- I don't like that stuff. I'm not sure where I was going with that. Um, I have a lot of shopping to do this weekend and i'm not looking forward to it.

No comments: