Monday, December 15, 2008

Get Angry

I was watching Fight Club the other day and thinking man, that would be nice sometime. To just let it out like that.

Simultaneously I've been observing my brother's bible study that he has with some guys and thinking how nice it would be to have a group of girls that got real with eachother but, honestly, i don't like bible studies that much.

Lately, I've been feeling overwhelmed with life. The cruelty of it. A friend from home has only a few months to live. Millions of people are ringing in the new year with job-loss. And for the love of all that is good, what's the meaning of all of it?

Enter brilliant plan. Life Club. (like fight club get it?) Whoever wants to, girls only, meets on a certain night of the week. You have your moment, a certain amount of time (10 minutes?) to talk about whatever is on your mind. Be it a frustration with a man, a spiritual doubt, a question about the world, a pleasant feeling, a song, a dream, something that pisses you off, a secret, anything. It's not exclusive to what you believe, who you know, how often you can come- just when you need to get something out into the universe, you will know where to find ears to hear. The rules are- Nothing leaves the room. It is a completely safe place. You come to listen as often as you come to speak. You don't judge. You are real.

This idea was born, honestly, out of frustration. I'm frustrated with our fat, lazy and stupid society. I'm frustrated with the numbness and the dumbing down of human relationships. How are you? fine. good. great. I have a feeling I'm not the only one with things to yell about, but it is entirely possible that I am.

It makes me nervous to think about actually trying to impliment this idea. I don't think people are used to being so raw and bare but at the same time I think we want to be. And what I truly believe is, if you are not apalled, if you are not angry, then you are not paying attention.

No comments: