Wednesday, December 17, 2008

last night

Last night I played a show at Cafe Coco. I think it went well. I tend to over-analyze... There were definitely mistakes. But I think overall it came off well.. It was my first show with Paul (on percussion) and my sister, Meredith, singing with me. It started out awesome I thought; there was so much energy with Paul and Mere. Then my voice was being a little ornery towards the end which was frustrating. It pretty much never acts up on me. There were a TON of people there though which was awesome. The sound guy, Cody, said that it is very rarely that full on a Tuesday night and they'd love to have us back! Sweet. So, overall, i think it was good, but it's hard for me not to be picky. and there were definitely mistakes. I think the reason is that I have been focusing mainly on Mere and I and "Trudy Chase" and this was a Katie Bandas show. Trudy Chase is definitely not ready and Katie Bandas has been a little left behind. So it was a little rough. But lets focus on the positive. It is important to keep performing even while we're working on new stuff and that is why I did this show. And I think, and hope, that in general it was good and people liked it and people were impressed. My brother video taped it so it'll be very interesting to watch. It's always so eye-opening to watch and listen to yourself. I was super nervous last night. I haven't been that nervous in a long time, I think it was because there were so many people there. I guess I'm just rambling on about this but it's on my mind. So ramble, i will. Things I need to work on are, well, aside from just getting all the parts written and learned and practiced for Trudy Chase, making it a little easier on Paul to follow (that was the nerves I think) and I'd like to work in some instrumental breaks since I now have a band and it'd be cool to give them a moment. But i've never had to do that before so Paul and Brian can probably help me work that in. I need to of course just memorize everything really well and maybe spend some time daily working out my voice it doesn't feel tired like that again. I'm sure that's nothing to worry about, that pretty much never happens.. So, um, I guess just more practice. i really need to use the restroom.

No comments: