Monday, November 17, 2008

With as much time as I have...

I should start one of those blogs where the writing is actually focused and about something and people read it. Cause I would have enough time to keep up with it, seeing as this is my 3rd post of the day and it's 3:00. But... nah.

So, I brought my music binder to work today to type up some of my lyrics and get things a little more organized for my sister and I as we work on things. I have tons of random little pieces of songs and bits of lyrics and poems and stuff in there and so I thought I might put some up. Some of it I read and think, wow, can you be any more dramatic? But oh well, what's life without a little melodrama huh? And more importantly, whats a song without it :)

Here's one bit:

So many lasts are known only in memory
So many firsts are not believed
And moments uncovered midst one of these
Leave scrambling souls with moments thieved

And another:

There must be a golden place
Just beyond the shock of pain and before comfort
Where remnants of disgust are breathed into power
And we find a change

Another still:

Mines, arranged in the shape of every step I take
I can't look away, because I'm so afraid
There's no one around, just shadows on the ground

Or is it that've not taken the time
To follow a shadow upward and find
Mouths and hands and hearts like mine
Poor and dirty and hungry and blind

More? ok:

Someone told me that was life, now they tell me it's this
And it's getting hard to find the real
Someone said "This is truth" then they said, "Well, give or take"
Give or take?
Can someone please speak with authority to me?
I will believe.

Don't you understand that I can't be right, if what you say is true
So, for once in your life, will you stand up and let me see all of you
Can someone please speak with authority to me?
I will believe.

Just one more:

I would let the trees tell me who I can and cannot be
before I would hear it from you
I'd have the stars let me know where I can and cannot go
before I would hear it from you
I think you and your misery maybe want some company

No comments: