Friday, November 14, 2008

Music

It's starting to itch bad. I NEED to be playing music. And NOT sitting here answering the phone. It's starting to burn. I'm surrounded by people who's livelyhood is singing/playing/writing/producing and I feel a very physical need to be a part of it. Like being hungry or thirsty. I went to see a friend's brother's band play last night and they were one of the most creative and quality groups I've seen in a while. My ears could hear that they were good, my eyes were pleased, and there were times that I felt like I was floating-the music high, but the thing that makes me certain that they were an amazing band is that they fueled my fire and as they played I was inspired with ideas and drive to push in the direction of creative sustanance. Mere and I worked a lot yesterday on music and I have a gig in about a month that I'd like to "debut" some of our stuff. My step-dad is gonna play drums/percussion for us for that show and then I was hoping I could get a guitar and bass player (i know a few) and have a band.. I think it'd be pretty rad. The music I've been writing lately really needs more. It's exciting. The closer I get, the more I can taste it, and I need it, and I work harder, and feel it more and then push harder still.

In other news, I'm slightly hung over, which sucks, cause I didn't think I drank THAT much last night... just a couple glasses of wine and a couple beers. but... I've got a little headache and I'm pretty exhausted.. I think I'm gonna do another alcohol break. Just for a bit, cut out the calories, extra monies and well, the hangovers... Although I have a whole box of wine at home.. So maybe I'll limit myself to one glass of that only a day. Ok, it's in writing so I have to now. How about a time frame? ok, um, we'll start with 2 weeks.

I've got my hair appointment tomorrow morning. so.. we'll see if I have the balls or not. I'm pretty much not deciding until I get there :)

Guess that's all for now, I'm listening to Allison Krauss, she's great.

No comments: