Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Weddings

What is the protocol on missing a friend's wedding? A good friend of mine is getting married this weekend in a different state and I just CANNOT afford to be there... We have been pretty close friends in the past but I don't see much of her anymore-because i now live in a different state. I've been procrastinating terribly dealing with telling her that i can't make it and now the wedding's this weekend! And last time I saw her she asked if I was going to be there and I said I'd try and she just looked at me sternly and like she was still waiting for my answer. Nervously, I revised it, "yes, I'll be there." "Great! I'm so glad." Um, hello? not made outa money here... So anyway, here I am, having given a verbal, though forced, RSVP, days away from the Love Fest and debating my options for my money as well as my friend. I'm sure she has many other things so worry about though than whether I am coming so I have that on my side.. Here are what I consider my options: Call her today and apologize or just send a wedding gift with a card.. eh? I dont know...

Here's the other wedding situation: Another friend, of a similar stature- friends for a long time, don't really see her anymore, is getting married on New Year's Eve and wants me to not only come but sing.. That's all fine and great and the good thing is that i really need to try and see my dad at some point over the holidays so that would work out but New Year's Eve?? man.. I've got people here to kiss you know? I'm sorry but that's just not my ideal way to ring in 2009- watching other people be in love. woo. BUT on the other hand, if I stay here I'll probably have to work so it'd be pretty anti-climactic anyway.. Anyway, I need to just accept the fact that I'll probably be spending my New Year's Eve with strangers and just hope for an open bar. and maybe a cute single boy who I'll never see again.. i'm sorry did i type that out loud? bad girl. But really, it could turn out to be a great New Years.. maaayybe i should try to get someone to come with me to Austin for it, that could be fun.. I can think of a couple possibilities... Ok, well after thinking all this out loud I think I realize what i need to do. Ooh and i could buy a new dress! Ok this won't be that bad afterall.

No comments: