Tuesday, November 25, 2008

At Some Point

Allow me to expound on my last post.

Sometimes I feel like I have all these people inside of me, all these different people with different dreams. They are all within the context of who I am at the core- an artist, a dreamer, a lover- but different manifestations the many facets of my personality. I suppose this is common. I think everyone is conflicted from time to time with contrary desires. That's why some people change majors twenty two times in the first year of college. Anyway, I thought of an idea recently to break up my life into 2 year sections where I do something different every 2 years. Or maybe not 2 years, maybe it'll just vary depending on what the thing is, but anyway, give all these people their time.

(the problem with this and the reason I probly won't actually do this is that music is pretty much #1 and that will always be there. But I think all of this as something that would go alongside.. or something.. whatever it's just fantasy..)

Here are a few:

AT SOME POINT in my life I'd like to go to a small town somewhere, buy or rent a little old house and maybe work in a cafe or something for a little money, and just make art all the time. it would be a little art haven. I could paint, decorate, sew, have a garden, sing, dance, make furniture, play piano, learn guitar. anything. i don't know why but i've been thinking about this one for a while. It'd be right off the edge of town and I would ride my bike everywhere. And I have to admit that in this one, I see myself married. I don't think it would be as fun alone. But think about it, just me and him, doing nothing. til we get restless then we leave. I'll be surrounded by flowers and air and wear cotton dresses and make soup from the vegetables in my garden. We'll listen to records and we won't have a TV. Life will be like summer- lazy, warm and slow.
Photobucket


AT SOME POINT in my life I'd like to live in New York City. At least for a little bit. This is the part where everything will be fast-paced and modern. I'll wear heels and embrace technology. I imagine myself having a cool job for some sort of designer or something. A New York young professional. A starbucks regular. Life will be like fall- wear a sweater and don't blink or you'll miss it.
Photobucket

No comments: