Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Milestones

Time likes to remind us every now and then that it's passing. Graduations, birthdays, weddings.. Time is carrying you onward or passing you by; your friend or your enemy. Maybe a little of both. Both, because you can't be in two places at once. Both, because you need it for yourself but taking it is leaving someone else. Someone you absentmindedly imagine to be outside of the reality of time's grip but you find yourself the one outside of reality in expecting something to hold against its movement. Our world has laws. Time, space, gravity.. Today I am reminded of my submission to these laws despite my delusions. All this rambling is to say, when you miss something, you miss it. And I missed it. Regardless of the future, I'm forever absent from this part of your past.

No comments: