Friday, May 8, 2009

Greg Gives the Go Ahead

So, a quick update- Ol' boy landlord came by and looked at the flooring surprise (remember the crackhead green diamond pattern?).. Now Ol' man Greg is an interesting man. And by interesting I mean boring and utterly emotionless. So I had no idea what to expect from his reaction.. Of course he said wow this is ridiculous, who would do such a thing, but he did not get mad at us. (phew..) Then we began discussing our options and he threw out-
"well we can just paint it like a dark brown.."
(GASP! oh good lord, please no.) i responded, calmly, with a hmm.. yes.. and then my dear brave sister says, "well, actually we were thinking about painting it white.."
I braced myself.
"Ok, yeah, that could look nice, especially with all the windows in here, there'd be so much light."
(YESSS!! Greg I love you!!)
And with my new confident in Greg's openmindedness, I added, "I've also seen it done with a high gloss and it looks pretty great.."
"Ok, sure.. And I'll cover the cost of the paint."
(Greg, will you marry me?)

So, needless to say, Mere and I are jumpin all over that puppy and pretty soon our place will be sparklin Domino-style.
Photobucket

No comments: