Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Finishing Stages (of what will never be finished)

The floor was shining white and I was ready to put my furniture back and bask in the sparkle. First up- the entry table, since it was awkwardly residing in the middle of the bathroom. I went to move it the short distance form bathroom to hall aaannnd... scratch. damn damn damn. My basking would have to be postponed since, obviously, some sort of sealing was in order here. After a moment on Ask.com I learned that I needed a water-based polyurethane floor sealer. Lowe's here I come (again). As familiar as I am getting with the store, I quickly found what I needed, scanned the label and- wait, what is this? "For painted wood, clean and sand away gloss". I'm sorry, wha?? I just painted with glossy paint! My sister and I looked at each other. I read the label one more time, shouted a few profanities a bit too loudly for public, and jerked the can off the shelf. When we arrived home, Meredith and I knelt in a corner with sandpaper in hand, making toddler whiny faces at each other and I said, "Let's just not.." After a moment she said, "Yeah, you know what? I doesn't really need to be sealed.." And that was all the convincing I needed. So we just said screw it. If the paint starts chipping later, we'll deal with it then. So then we got straight to the fun part! Of course, its not done, there are several things missing but it feels like a living room finally! So without further adu....
Tada!
Photobucket
I'll put a couple more pictures up later but right now my internet is being a little bitch.

Anyway, the next orders of business are: getting another set of twin mattresses to make the L sofa (which will change the layout completely!), getting a little cart for the TV, something for the kitchen for more counter space/storage since the table is coming out (I just found a butcher block top island on craigslist but am waiting to hear back!), a bookshelf, and then hanging all the art. And of course getting the bedroom into functioning condition.. sooo, a lot to do.

No comments: