Friday, May 15, 2009

Dear Friday,

Friday, oh Friday. Such a nice day.. But your mornings are so torturous. My heart and mind are already in the glorious weekend but there are still many hours of phone-answering between it and me. After a long week, waking up to you, Friday, feels like an arrival. But I won't be fooled. It's a devastating mentality and I am wise to it. I know where I am. It may be the end of the work week but any one of these hours taken out of the context of TGIF could be a miserable monday morning for the way it feels. Perhaps if I imagine that it's so, I could save myself the heartache that comes with believing in you, Friday. Yes, your evenings are a marvel but don't we have Saturday morning to thank for that if we're really being honest? Think about it: I could go to bed before midnight on any given day of the week and be fine for work the next day but on Friday I can stay out. Why? Well, it's the past midnight hours that really make you the exception, right? And when it passes midnight, why, it's Saturday! So screw you, Friday. You're here but I'm still sitting at my desk trying to entertain myself with mindless rambling in my blog and tonight you won't even become interesting until you are almost over. So, thanks for the 3 hours this evening in which you won't suck but you're gonna have to do better than that. I'll take Saturday over you any day.

Sincerely.