Sunday, February 8, 2009

Can't Sleep

I find him interesting
intriguing
beautifully distracting
There a rhythm to the things he says
It bounces in my head
echoing
It's 5 am and I should be sleeping
but my mind is aimlessly repeating
words and sounds and motions
I'm not happy to be helpless
I feel open and exposed
In a scary and delightful way
This is strange
I'm very good at sleeping
But he's got me rolling
I'm so uncomfortable
this is so unfortunately enjoyable
I'm terrified
I just want to sleep
I just want to sleep until I can see him again
What is going on
Letters and spaces
capitalized and punctuated
fill my head please
replace this madness for a few hours

*Disclaimer: This is not a poem. These are the stupid ramblings of my mind at 5 am when I've finally given up pressing my eyelids shut and trying to fill my mind with zeros just to take up space and find some rest. This is the kind of thing I may dissect later and write a song about.. or not.

No comments: