Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hump Day Rants

So I have a couple things to say today. First of all, I feel pretty crappy right now and am very happy that I have a doctor appt tomorrow to figure this shit out. Ok wait, actually that was a bit misleading.. I have been having some health issues and I do have an appt tomorrow that I'm looking forward to because it's been about a month with this annoying and sometimes very painful issue, BUT I have to admit that my feeling crappy at this moment has a little more to do with too much alcohol and too little sleep last night.. soooo.. my bad. But nevertheless, I've got a headache and my throat hurts.

I would like to take a moment and rant about something. Well, 3 things actually. First up- telemarketers. I'm generally nice to them cause I know they are just doing their job and lets be honest, it's a sucky job. And I know even the higher-ups need to make money and they have to try and sell their stuff and whatever.. BUT- don't try and trick me. I'll cut you.
There is a company that always calls and they say something like this- "Hey this is --- with [some copier company or something like that], we're sending you a new book for the copier and I just need to get the model number.." something like that anyway.. Some of them are really good and so the first time they called I thought someone had requested that they send some replacement something or other for the copier and so I'm here tryin to find the model number and then he has to confirm the address and he just keeps needing more and more info until he is asking me to "confirm" something or other and I start to feel like this isn't my turf anymore so I tell him I'm just the receptionist and I can't "confirm" anything. So I pass him along and the IT guy figures out its a scam. So, it's a bit of a mess and I look and feel stupid. But I learned a valuable lesson I suppose. After a while they called again, someone new, with the same stupid line and I just said "no thank you." and they hung up. didn't say anything just hung up like I had just ruined their little game. I thought that was pretty rude. They just called again today (someone else- who DID sound like a telemarketer) and I said "no." and she hung up too. It makes me think that is what they're told to do- just hang up! Assholes. It just really pisses me off that they are trying to trick people into ordering something.

Ok, moving right along. I won't spend much time on this topic, but there is a girl on facebook that I- ooh, man, I just.. well, I'll just say I think she is an effing crazy bitch and a waste of space. Here's the short story. There's a person that I am "friends" with on fb that I don't think I actually know- i think he adds a lot of people that he doesn't know, not sure why.. But anyway, I guess he added this girl (who i also don't know) and she didn't like that so she made a group that said "I don't know ---- but he added me" ok, weirdo, just deny him and move on with your life. But she didn't; she made another group- "I don't know ---- but he added me twice" She made more and more groups- "I don't know ---- but he added me 5 times", "I'm gonna kick ---- in the balls", "---- got me kicked off facebook but I got back on", "---- can suck a big dick" and they got worse and worse and over the last couple months I swear she's made at least 30 or 40 groups. At one point I sent a not so nice but really not that mean (didn't say what i wanted to say) email saying keep me out of this- stop sending me group invites [you crazy whore]. I've even reported and blocked her and- no good. I still get all her psycho invites. I don't really know what to do but I want to punch her in her stupid i-need-a-hobby face. Too bad I have NO CLUE who she is! how am i even involved in this mess??

anyway, so theres that... but don't worry, there's more. Next up is the stupid chef from The Palm. Listen buddy, I'm vegan, it doesn't mean I don't have taste buds! Seriously, I just cannot believe that a chef would send this out of the kitchen:
Photobucket
On top of the fact that it looks like I just raided the produce section and am about ready to check out (or just moved the lawn), how about some spices or something? hell, salt! Damn. I hate to complain because my sweet friend took me out to eat and its a really upscale place and it was really nice of him to take me there and call ahead to make sure they would have something that I could eat. But honestly, I was kind of insulted. My friend is a vegetarian and they made him a nice pasta dish (which I'm pretty sure was vegan minus the parmesan cheese). For those of you who don't know, its very common for a vegan or vegetarian to ask the chef to put something together for them. I've done it plenty of times and been served something delicious. I'm not a chef but I can tell you if I was I would NEVER send something out of my kithcen that looked like that. Funny thing is, I went out for mexican the night before and got veggie fajitas and asked them to cook them in oil instead of butter and it was freaking delicious. and vegan. peppers, mushrooms, onions, rice, guac- mmmm. It was 7 dollars.

Ok, I'll stop. There are some happy things I could talk about too.. Like my new internship is going well and my boss has decided that she would like me to focus on the art side of the whole thing. More on this later. But I've already titled this post Hump Day Rants and so I'll have to save positive thinking for later.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Agh, that stupid evil whore keeps inviting me to those groups too! AND, I too sent her a nasty email, but to no avail. How do we fix this? Surely there are more people out there suffering like we are - should we unite or something?

Sylvia Fairfax said...

really?? i can't believe you're getting them too! what should we do??