Friday, January 23, 2009

Poop.

This is weird to write, but I just went poop (which I hate doing in public bathrooms but I had coffee this morning and that leaves me no other choice..) I thought the color seemed a little strange. I remember noticing a novelty book, in my regular perusal of Urban Outfitters Online, called "What's Your Poo Telling You?" and began to wonder just that. So I googled the subject and found this. Maybe you too have wondered if your bowel movements provide any clues about your health and what may be lacking or overwhelming your diet. Well, if you are like me, with too much time on your hands and odd curiosities, then I'd check out this informative article/book review. Please make sure and read the whole thing because the last part is very important. It brings you back to reality a bit, concluding that analyzing your poop "may be yet another manifestation of Americans' 'obsessive, narcissistic' behavior." Personally, I believe that our bodies know best and all they need from us is support by way of a healthy diet and lifestyle but they do not need us to take the wheel in an attempt to control and perfect.
"The colon has been around million of years and the wisdom of the colon predates us. This notion that we can somehow always intervene in some way so we can be intellectually or psychically or physiologically superior to this part of the body is kind of foolish." (James Dillard, medical director of Columbia University's Rosenthal Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine)

No comments: