Monday, April 13, 2009

Project 208

I think I may start using this blog to chrono.. um, chronolo... chronologize? is that a word? anyway, I'm gonna keep track of everything that I'm doing to my apartment. Here's why-
Last week, Mere decided to investigate into what was lying beneath our old, stained, disgusting carpet and so she lifted up a corner in the hall and "aaahhhhh" (angelic chorus), there was beautiful hardwood floors. So we got our landlord's permission to rip it all up and we said we'd do whatever finishing was needed on the floors. So a-ripping we went until we discovered why the carpets had been laid on top of such marvelous floors- a marvelous green and white [freehand] painted checkerboard pattern. If I had a name and location for whoever did this, I swear I would kill them... or at least call them a retard and throw something at them... or paint them with green and white checkers and say "how do YOU like it?? huh??" Seriously? So now, my house looks like this:
Photobucket
Its ok though cause I would pretty much take ANYTHING over the carpet that we had. We couldn't even walk barefoot or our feet would eventually be black. I know. gross.
I have always loved interior design. i worked in the field a couple years ago and I loved it. Now though, I am very broke so it makes it a challenging thing to create the feeling that I would like to in my space. But I welcome it. My new floors (however bizarre) have re-ignited the fire and excitement I had when I initially moved into my place (because flooring aside, i think its a very cool place). So i think I will start keeping you updated on the process of turning a tiny, shared, green and white checkered, yellow linoleum-ed, creaking, cracking, upstairs apartment into a cove of artistic inspiration, interest, warmth and cozy-ness. AND you'll see just how cheap I can be in doing the whole thing! I'm calling it Project 208.
So there's picture number one. (pardon the mess!)
And soon I'll take more pics get you up to speed on what in going on in it so far.

No comments: