Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dear My Body,

Look, I'm really sorry about this past week but I wanted to let you know that I do appreciate you taking one for the team. Mind and Spirit thank you. They really needed it. I know you worked hard night and day to process the alcohol and junk food and to keep up with the eratic schedule. I know your were confused as to why there was more beer flowing than water, why you were forced to keep tired legs moving into the wee hours of the morning, and why you had to scour cheese quesadillas for any usable nutrients with which to do so. I'm sorry that when you needed water, I gave you gin, and when you cried out for a bed, I gave you a dance floor. You needed vegetables and well.. at least you got a couple Luna bars right? Ok, i know.. not enough.. I know that your requests for rest were denied and quieted with lattes and Red Bulls. Truly, I am sorry, you know I don't make a habit of this but I have to try and please everyone and well, Mind was going a little stir-crazy. She felt old and needed a good exercize of her youth. And come on, you had a good time right? Well, Mind is feelin good. Spirit is feeling free. We're all feeling alive. Now I know you think we take everything you have to do to keep us that way for granted but I promise we don't. To prove it, the next few days, its all about you. You're gonna get vegetables! and sleep! and water! and vitamins! you're gonna love it. How's this sound- a little steamed veggies over brown rice, a movie on the sofa just before a 9 pm bedtime, a brisk walk in the morning, fresh juice and maybe even a nap or 2. How's that sound huh? And I promise no more craziness til.. at least next weekend.

Thanks again,
Katie

ps. oh and sorry also about having you stabbed with a needle for an hour and a half and injected with ink.. but I promise you'll be ok. you already look cooler.

2 comments:

Heather said...

who did you kiss?!!

Sylvia Fairfax said...

haha i knew you were gonna say something about that...