Friday, March 13, 2009

Wunderkind

I know I've said this before but there is a big difference between style and fashion. Its the difference between dressing yourself well and creating art. There are obvious extremes but as you approach the line between the two, it begins to blur. This is normally where I enjoy myself. I am attracted to the wearable art. The place where you are making a statement but not interrupting people's lives with outrageousness. When I watch the runways, I am processing the pieces and how they could transcend to the street. My favorites tend to be the ones that I could actually see myself wearing (not to be confused with 'affording') All of this is say, sometimes you just have to appreciate the art. And this is art. You actually could wear this stuff-one piece at a time of course- but overall, the presentation is quite eccentric. They way they put it all together.. wow, I just thought it was breath-taking. Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.. Alice in Wunderkind? hm? no? ok...

I would also like to say that I am still really enjoying Adele. The Beatles-esque breakdown in Cold Shoulder is perfect. amazing. LOVE it. Very inspiring to me.

No comments: