Monday, March 9, 2009

Diva is the female version of a Hustler

Thank you, Beyonce. Good to know.

Well, it was very lovely outside this weekend and I accomplished my goal of spending the majority of my time outdoors in it. Friday after work, a friend and I went in search of a 'veranda', although we weren't 100% sure what that is exactly- it just seemed appropriate for the weather. We found a nice restaurant with a patio and some drink specials and thought we must be close so we settled there for happy hour. From there we met up with my sister and some friends before joining in on some CRS festivities with my brother and all of his label people. Saturday was walk, picnic, watermelon, walk, park, frisbe, cookout, downtown. In that order and just as perfect as it sounds. Sunday, Mere and I (after sleeping til noon) helped our step-dad (and drummer) get his studio set up in the garage and then after the sun went down we joined in on another cookout! This one was complete with bonfire and smores. Uh-mazing. Man.. that was a great weekend.

So here I am now- Monday morning. And we're starting off strong! So you know my financial situation and how I'm trying to start moving toward making money doing things that i actually enjoy. Well, last week I decided that it would be smart to get a little part time restaurant job so I went looking. There was one possibility that may or may not be falling through. Either way, seeing the smiley girl at the front in her black pants and white tucked-in botton-down and then trying to sell my guest-seating abilities to the entirely too serious restaurant manager- well, it was enough to reignite the fire under my bum. So this morning I hit craigslist and began whoring all of my abilities- singing, decorating, organizing, NOT guest-seating or phone-answering. Hopefully, I get some interest!

No comments: