Friday, March 20, 2009

why god why.

It's 7:30 on a friday night- an odd time for me to be writing in my blog, since it's not a monday, wednesday or friday between 8 and 5, and because generally speaking, i have a life. So, I got home from work about 2 hours ago. I came home with admittedly high hopes for the evening. I poured myself a glass of wine, texted a few people to see what's going on, made a little food, ate that food, felt ravenous, made more food, ate that food, poured another glass of wine, got a few disappointing texts back, consoled myself with some ice cream, determined to keep an open mind about the evening- i don't need anyone, i can have a great friday night all by myself! turned on the tv- still waiting for a call about a super awesome party that just wouldn't be the same without me, quickly got bored with the tv, tried to put in a movie, dicovered that my dvd player is broken, switched back to the tv and found that Mickey Blue Eyes had just started- which i've never seen- so I popped popcorn, ate all the popcorn, decided that I MUST be pmsing because i felt like i could burst from my skin and do/eat everything in existence, walked to the corner store and did not look the attendant in the eyes when i brought my purchases forward- a glamour magazine and a box of chips ahoy, came home, poured another glass of wine, decided to temporarily give up on life, un-paused Mickey Blue Eyes, and finally- to catch us up to the present- re-paused it when I decided that my blog readers needed to know about the debauchery that was taking place on my friday night. Feel completely free to judge, however, I am reminded of a particular Bible story- something about throwing the first stone.. hm.. anyway, now that you know what my week is ending in, I hope you can go out into your evening of dinner parties, friend gatherings, bars, shows, dates, night clubs, and other socially acceptable pastimes feeling secure in the fact that no matter what sour turn your night may take, it could definitely be worse, and absolutely be more pathetic.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I like you. And your blog. :)